Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ang Itim na Taong Kandila sa QUIAPO


Happy New Year! Kung Hei Fat Choi!

January is about to end I haven't updated my blog yet....I was thinking what to write when last Sunday I was in Quiapo to attend Sunday Mass saw this black candle sold in quiapo.

It as a cool Sunday afternoon kahit dami tao sa loob ng simbahan. My friend was late kaya I styed inside untill the mass ended. My friend was outside in front of the giant screen pala.

We were in front of the candle vendor standing while he was listening to the readings while I was looking at a bundle of candles in various colors and reading the prayersattached to it. I bought a bundle for 20 pesos. We were still waiting in front of the candle stand when an elderly woman came and ask for a black candle in a shape of a man. We became currious and we listened to their conversation.

Then I looked at the piece of papaer where the meaning of the candles was posted. Black candle is for conscience. The woman was given instructions by the vendor what to do with the candle and when to light it. It seems that woman wanted to wanted to awkaen the consciene of the person who owed her money but did not pay. Hmmmm kakatakot pala.......Sana bayaran siya. Is this true?

I hope the credit card companies would not resort to such methods...hehehehehehe

1 comment:

Lynette said...

buti nalang, wala ako'ng unpaid debts :P